Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Study Hall Discovered

The four walls of this empty feeling apartment have a tendency to close in and no change of avenue or bodily position has the ability to make the words go from the page and into my brain. A new srategy had to be developed: I realized that I can read down at the beach just as well as I can read here. So the trusty backpack and I (along with my neighbor/study partner here) loaded up on some snacks, books and lots of water and made the short walk down to the beach at Cupecoy. The sand was comforting, the souds of the waves crashing on the rocks had the perfect amount of white noise in the back ground, the cliffs provided the perfect amount of shade, and the cool water offered the perfect study break. Despite the random passing of a nude and obese octogenerian or 2 it was a wonderful afternoon (they can be lurking aound any corner so one has to be prepared to deal with this at any given moment) and I actually absorbed a lot more information than I thought I would scoring quite high on the online practice test.

On the road back home I discovered that if left unharvested and untouched cotton and cuckleburr plants can get quite enormous.
Till Later

No comments:

Post a Comment